This is a quick, kids friendly fried rice and a perfect lunch box item.
rice - 1 cup
veggies - cabbage, carrot, beans - 1cups
garlic - 3 pods
spring onion green few
cashews - 10
pepper - 2 tsp
- Cook rice separately. You can use basmathi rice which has a nice flavour. Since I ran out of it, I used the ordinary raw rice.
- In a pan, add a little ghee and roast the cashews and set aside.
- Add a tbsp of butter, now saute the garlic and onion well.
- Now add all the vegetables and stir fry it.
- Add pepper powder and salt.
- When it cools down, add the cooked rice and mix it well.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and garnish it with cashews.
- Kids like this when served with ketchup. Simple raitha would be perfect too!
I send this picture to Magnificent click contest hosted by Gayathri of justurs blog.