Mysore pak sweet

mysore pak sweet
mysore pak














This is one of my favorite sweet. It is one of the South Indian delicacy and very famous in my place Coimbatore. I decided to prepare it myself for my birthday! But, the first time I did, it was a disaster. It was like halwa, sugar was less etc; I did not give up though. I tried it all over again the next day(today) and it came out really well. 

Ingredients
Besan/gram flour - 1 cup
sugar - 1 1/2 cup
ghee - 1 1/2 cup
water 1/4 cup
Method:
First, roast the flour with 3 tsp of ghee until the raw smell goes off.
Now add the sugar, then add water and stir until the sugar melts completely.
Add 2 tsps of ghee in it now, so that when you add besan, the flour does not stick.
Make sure, the stove is in slow. Now add the flour as you keep stirring.
Keep stirring and add ghee at regular intervals. The more ghee you add, tastier will be the sweet, but we have to watch our weight too..So, take a call.. 
When the mixture loses water and becomes semi solid, forming bubbles, take it out and spread it on a plate that is coated with ghee.
When it cools down make pieces and enjoy!

Tips:(I learnt from the mistakes that I did previously)
1. Always use the heavy bottomed pan. I would say, non-stick is not the preferred 
one. Use hard bottomed aluminium ones or you can even use the pressure pan.
2. Dry roast the flour with little ghee, until the raw smell goes off completely.
3. When you add, water to melt the sugar, do not use more water. be careful in this step, we do not want to make sugar syrup.
4. Use fresh melted ghee and keep it ready.
5. Keep all the ingredients ready and keep on stiring and take it out of the flame when it is done at the right time.

This entry goes to "Just for you" event.

5 comments:

MONONOKE KITCHEN said...

Beautiful blog you've got here, I think your recipes are wonderful, a real inspiration to me!

Madhu's cooking gallery said...

Thank you SriLekha & Monoke kitchen!

sriharivatsan said...

Oh this looks really mouthwatering, am going to prepare this today at any cost..

Medhaa said...

Loce Mysore Pak, looks delicious,

Andhratreat said...

delicious....try it