Sambhar podi/ Rasa podi / Idli milagai podi

Every time I run out of any podi's (Sambhar/rasam/idli podi), I ring to my mom, to get the ingredients and its measure. So this time I did, I thought of recording it in my blog, so that I will not forget it anymore. I always roast all the ingredients separately. Let it cool down completely and then grind it together to fine powder. For rasam and idli podi, it can be little coarse.

Sambhar podi
Coriander seeds - 1 cup
Dry red chillies - 1 1/2 cup
Channa dhal (kadala parupu) - little less than 1/2
Fenugreek (vendhayam) - 2 spoons

Rasa podi
Corriander seeds - 1 cup
Dry red chillies - 1 cup
Pepper corns - 1/4 cup
Jeera - 1/4 cup
channa dhal (kadala parupu) - 1 spoon
Thoor dhal (thuvaram parupu) - 1 spoon
Asofetida powder - 1/2 spoon

Idli milagai podi
Dry red chillies - 1 1/2 cup
channa dhal (kadala paruppu) - 1 cup
uradh dhal (ulutham paruppu) - 1 cup
sesame seeds white (vellai yellu) - 1/4 cup

0 comments: